Do you have passion for what you do? Are you self-motivated, results-driven, and like working in a collaborative and team environment? Do you want to learn and grow with Purplefarm Genetics as we learn and grow with you? Then we have a position for you!
Purplefarm Genetics is one of Canada’s premier craft cannabis producers. Coming from the legacy market, Purplefarm Genetics currently operates a 12,000 sq ft facility out of Johnstown (Ontario) and has expanded to Fredericton (New Brunswick) to operate a 90,000 sq ft facility.
We are looking for numerous POST-HARVEST TECHNICIANS. The Post-Harvest Technician will be responsible for assisting in harvesting and trimming medical marijuana and performing related duties. The Post-Harvest Technician will perform physical labour indoors.
Responsibilities would include:
• Read and follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and company policies
• Follow specific instructions from the Post Harvest Leads
• Efficiently trim and de-leaf plants
• Accurately weigh and record all trim material
• Promote and maintain product quality by performing all tasks accurately and thoroughly
• Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity
• Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the trimming room(s) while performing trimmings
• Perform all other related job duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
• Solid interpersonal skills
• Able to work well under pressure
• Good observation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to comprehend and implement company policies and procedures
• Good reading and writing ability
• Basic arithmetic ability for weighing, measuring etc.
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• Prior experience as a Post-Harvest Technician would be an asset.
• Light physical demands; 5-10 kg (11-22 lbs)
• Other body positioning (e.g. squatting, bending) in addition to prolonged standing and/or walking
• On the job training provided
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Hazards associated with the trade (e.g. tools, equipment)
• Overtime/shift work may be required.
• Full-time, however P/T will be considered, Fredericton, NB
• Starting salary: $39,520
• Bonus incentives
• Overtime is required during peak times and to meet deadlines.
Only candidates selected will be contacted and we thank each candidate for applying. Should you require accommodation at any point during the screening or interview process please let us know, as we are an equal employer.
Sign up and be among the first to learn about new PURPLEFARM events and products. PURPLEFARM is a universe of people, plants and products dedicated to the future of high culture. We believe in engaging with a broadening audience (of legal age), supporting new experiences and sharing our knowledge.