Integrated Pest Manager (IPM) Specialist- FREDERICTON, N.B.
Do you have passion for what you do? Are you self-motivated, results-driven and like working in a collaborative and team environment? Do you want to learn and grow with Purplefarm Genetics as we learn and grow with you? Then we have a position for you!
Purplefarm Genetics is one of Canada’s premier craft cannabis producers. Coming from the legacy market, Purplefarm Genetics currently operates a 12,000 sq ft facility out of Johnstown, Ontario and is expanding to Fredericton, New Brunswick to operate a 90,000 sq ft facility.
We are looking for an IPM Specialist. Reporting to the Master Grower of the Fredericton site, the IPM Specialist is a key employee in performing cultivation and production tasks.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain compliance with Health Canada and other regulatory bodies regulations.
- Follow established company policies and procedures
- Follow and Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Production Practices (GPP) Standards at all times
- Weekly monitoring and scouting for disease and pest pressure.
- Planning, organizing, training and assigning scout duties as required.
- Supervision of IPM protocols of pest and disease management.
- Develop a comprehensive IPM plan including; bio controls, beneficial insects, natural predators, trapping, vacuuming, and spraying.
- Management coordination on biological programs and implementation.
- Monitoring efficiencies of control measures used.
- Monitoring of plant growth and behavior response to feeding elements.
- Verification of pest and disease infestation trends.
- Soil, water, and tissue sampling.
- Other duties as required.
- Proficient with using computer systems, maintaining electronic data/records.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Wear respirator for extended periods of time.
- Detail oriented and able to follow through on tasks.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Currently have or willing to get pesticide application.
- Maintain a productive focused and can-do attitude
- Ensure professional behaviour and communication is always used
- Ensure respectful communication when speaking with co-workers, clients, suppliers etc.
- Work in an organized and timely fashion to ensure that expected productivity is met
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals and objectives
- Maintain composure and work effectively
- Offer informative and detailed advice in a transparent and trustworthy manner
- Be committed to a healthy, safe, and clean work environment
- Adhere to health and safety programs and observe occupational health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with working in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Production Practices (GPP) environments and cannabis regulations are considered an asset
- Ability to follow a Standard Operating Procedures and verbal directions.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced, quickly changing, team environment
- Full-time, Fredericton, N.B. facility.
- Overtime is required during peak times and to meet deadlines