Do you have passion for what you do? Are you self-motivated, results-driven and like working in a collaborative and team environment? Do you want to learn and grow with Purplefarm Genetics as we learn and grow with you? Then we have a position for you!
Purplefarm Genetics is one of Canada’s premier craft cannabis producers. Coming from the legacy market, Purplefarm Genetics currently operates a 12,000 sq ft facility out of Johnstown, Ontario and is expanding to Fredericton, New Brunswick to operate a 90,000 sq ft facility.
We are looking for Cultivation Technician Leads. Reporting to the Master Grower of the Fredericton site, the Cultivation Technician is a key employee in performing cultivation and production tasks.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain compliance with Health Canada and other regulatory bodies regulations.
- Follow established company policies and procedures
- Follow and Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Production Practices (GPP) Standards at all times
- Perform cultivation, trimming and production tasks including but not limited to irrigation/fertigation, cloning, transplanting, topping, defoliation, flushing, waste disposal, inventory management, weighing, trimming, curing, packaging, labelling and shipping of product
- Mentor and coach staff
- Assist in the process of weighing, trimming, curing, packaging, labelling and shipping of product
- Clean facilities, workstations and production equipment as directed
- Perform miscellaneous labouring activities
- Other duties as required.
- Commercial horticultural experience and manufacturing experience is preferred
- Maintain a productive focused and can-do attitude
- Ensure professional behaviour and communication is always used
- Ensure respectful communication when speaking with co-workers, clients, suppliers etc.
- Work in an organized and timely fashion to ensure that expected productivity is met
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals and objectives
- Maintain composure and work effectively
- Offer informative and detailed advice in a transparent and trustworthy manner
- Be committed to a healthy, safe, and clean work environment
- Adhere to health and safety programs and observe occupational health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with working in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Production Practices (GPP) environments and cannabis regulations are considered an asset
- Ability to follow a Standard Operating Procedures and verbal directions.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced, quickly changing, team environment
- Full-time, Fredericton, N.B. facility.
- Overtime is required during peak times and to meet deadlines
Only candidates selected will be contacted and we thank each candidate for applying. Should you require accommodation at any point during the screening or interview process please let us know, as we are an equal employer.