Do you have passion for what you do? Are you self-motivated, results-driven and like working in a collaborative and team environment? Do you want to learn and grow with Purplefarm Genetics as we learn and grow with you? Then we have a position for you!
Purplefarm Genetics is one of Canada’s premier craft cannabis producers. Coming from the legacy market, Purplefarm Genetics currently operates a 12,000 sq ft facility out of Johnstown, Ontario and has expanded to Fredericton, New Brunswick to operate a 90,000 sq ft facility.
We are looking for an Operations Co-ordinator. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Purplefarm Genetics, the Operations Co-ordinator is a key employee in performing operations tasks.
- Purchasing - issuing POs and point of contact for our suppliers. Tracking all purchases and log against applicable department as well as maintain records of purchases by department against monthly budget.
- Purchasing locally - (ex/ office supplies, dishwasher, laundry detergent, zip ties, tape, etc.)
- Health and Safety - coordinate WHMIS training, JHSC training, attend the JHSC meetings and take minutes for the JHSC chairman to approve and sign. Maintain a record of when staff were trained and when their retraining date is due. Keep track of First Aiders on site and when they're due for recertification.
- Keep track of Pesticide application certificates and when staff are due for recertification.
- Coordination and logging of sending samples for testing – (ex/ type of strain, test type, lab, etc). Package for Purolator shipment and set up pick up or drop off at Purolator office.
- Keep an active list of lockers assigned to each employee.
- Keep track of keys and maintain a list of which employee has which keys. Keep a master list of keys for the site.
- Check post office box for mail.
- Primary contact for all suppliers and service providers. (ex if the compactor is full a call FERO to set up a pickup).
- Maintain a list of services that need to be completed and expiry dates (ex/ back flow valve inspections, fuel tank permit and sprinkler system, etc.).
- Keep files of all Bill of Lading’s received and issued as well as all shipping documents received.
- Overseeing Shipping & Receiving administration
- Monitor the task lists for each department and provide reminders about due dates.
- Meet and log visitors at the entrance and connect with the appropriate department to receive the visitors.
- Assist in inventory management and reorder points.
- Assist in payroll administration.
- Co-ordinating with the Director of People & Culture regarding administrative tasks (ex/onboarding paperwork).
- Other duties as required.
- Proficient with using computer systems, maintaining electronic data/records.
- Previous experience as an Operations Co-ordinator or Project Manager considered an extreme asset.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel proficiently.
- Detail oriented and able to follow through on tasks.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Maintain a productive focused and can-do attitude.
- Ensure professional behaviour and communication is always used.
- Ensure respectful communication when speaking with co-workers, clients, suppliers etc.
- Work in an organized and timely fashion to ensure that expected productivity is met.
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Maintain composure and work effectively.
- Offer informative and detailed advice in a transparent and trustworthy manner.
- Be committed to a healthy, safe, and clean work environment.
- Adhere to health and safety programs and observe occupational health and safety regulations.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and verbal directions.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced, quickly changing, team environment.
- Full-time, Fredericton, N.B. facility.
- Overtime is required during peak times and to meet deadlines.
- Salary dependent on education and experience ($50,000 - $65,000/annually)
- Benefits, vacation and sick leave are part of compensation package.
Only candidates selected will be contacted and we thank each candidate for applying. Should you require accommodation at any point during the screening or interview process please let us know, as we are an equal employer.